IT Consulting & Deliverables-Based Projects
Our Consultants Help Solve Business Challenges:
- Strategic change initiatives requiring focused implementation teams
- Business function or technology deployments
- Initiative demands exceeding internal capacity
- Subject matter expertise needs and/or constraints
- Independent vendor team management
Neos Project-Based Consulting Offers:
- Service offerings to achieve your business objectives.
- Repeatable methods and leading practices.
- An integrated approach with other Neos service offerings.
- Dedicated focus on critical initiatives.
- Seamless and flexible integration of methods and tools with focus on delivery and implementation.
- Knowledge sharing and collaboration with internal teams.
Implementation and Delivery
- Neos PMO team oversight to ensure on-time, within-budget, and as-promised delivery.
- Non-billable delivery director is accountable for monitoring project status, quality, budget, and progress.
- Client access to Neos senior management team reinforces our performance commitment and accountability.
Scalable, Cost-Effective Solutions
- Deploy the right consultant or the optimal mix of consultants for each initiative.
- Just-in-time approach reduces overall cost of the engagement and supports transparency.
The Services Neos Provides Include:
Application Maintenance & Support
Application Maintenance and Support includes the skills and requirements for supporting application systems, including troubleshooting, modifying, maintaining and enhancing legacy systems. Application Maintenance and Support also applies to applications running in a production environment.
- Documenting and implementing maintenance changes
- Correcting software errors
- Modifying reports and ensuring accurate report runs
- Making modifications to the applications and documentation
- Writing ad hoc queries
- Loading and applying changes to the software language and/or database in which the application is written
- Providing corrections for production or any changes needed and participation in disaster recovery testing, planning and documentation.
- Services may need to be available 24/7 or on an on-call basis.
Business Intelligence & Data Warehouse
BI enables an organization to perform in-depth analysis and includes, where required, data mining of detailed business data providing real and significant information to business users. BI may include an integrated group of operational and decision support applications and databases. BI makes use of tools designed to easily access data warehouse data. A data warehouse collects, organizes and makes data available for the purpose of analysis and gives organizations the ability to access and analyze information about its business. The function of the data warehouse is to consolidate and reconcile information from across disparate business units and IT systems and provide a context for reporting and analysis.
- Architectural design
- Transformation and loading of data sources
- Product installation and tuning
- Prototype development, deployment, data cleansing, data mart development and support
- Data migration
- Integration with data mining
- Integration with business intelligence tools and/or systems
- Data scrubbing
- Data transformation
- Training and knowledge transfer.
Information Technology Assessment & Planning
IT Assessments and Planning may include IT effectiveness, maturity, governance, project management and architecture. Strategic planning activities may include mission statement development, visioning and goals, objectives, and strategy development. Tactical planning may require that actionable plans and roadmaps be provided.
- IT assessments, including enterprise architecture
- Staff knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) assessments
- Strategic and tactical planning.
Project Management service providers may perform any or all of the project management processes identified by the Project Management Institute as published in Table 3-45 of the PMBOK® Guide, Third Edition or most recent.
- Utilizing the Customer’s tools and processes
- Using off-the-shelf tools
- Using Vendor’s own proprietary tools and processes to manage a project
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
Neos was originally founded as a PeopleSoft and SAP consulting firm specializing in government and higher education verticals. We have deep expertise in deploying these mission critical systems in budget constrained environments.
Examples of included services: planning and assessment; requirements development; business process reengineering (BPR); implementation and conversion services; application programming and support services; database administration, system software administration and support; functional support; and training support.
Technology Upgrade/Migration may be required to increase business functionality, reengineer a business function, keep current with vendor upgrades or when upgrading existing technology. Technology Transformation may be accomplished by converting/migrating legacy applications to new technology either with or without new business functionality or it may include introducing new technology into the enterprise. Technology Upgrade/Migration may also include providing website content accessibility compliance.
- Assessments of the current application portfolio
- Evaluation of the technology assets before beginning technology transformation and Business Case development for justification of an initiative.
- Technology transformations, which may include, appropriate Return on Investment (ROI), benchmarks and milestones.
- Requirements development
- Proof of concept
- Data migration
- Application programming and support services
- Training support
Application Development means the development of new applications which may be mainframe, server, network-based, web-based or a combination. The requirements for new applications may require interfaces to existing applications.
- Gathering requirements
- Documenting and implementing
- Applying changes to the software language and/or database in which the application is written
- Providing corrections for production or any changes needed and participation in disaster recovery planning and documentation
Independent Verification & Validation (IV&V)
IV&V focuses on mission critical software by conducting reviews and in-depth analyses of products that carry the highest level of risk and checks that a product, service, or system meets specifications and that it fulfills its intended purpose.
- Validation of software design to meet system needs/requirements
- Traceability of safety critical requirements
- Design analysis of selected critical algorithms
- Code analysis of mission-critical software components